This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies


Can I book my appointment through the phone or via email?

NO. The only way to book your appointment is by registering with our automatic on-line appointment booking system Prenot@mi.

How can I pay for my fee?

For information on fees and method of payment click here.

I tried to book an appointment through your automatic on-line appointment booking system Prenot@mi but the first available appointment is not suitable for my needs. What can I do?

In this case our advice is to book the first available appointment and then check periodically if any earlier or different spot is made available due to other customers’ cancellation. In this case, you will have first to cancel your current appointment and then re-book your appointment for an earlier date.

Where can I find information on…?

Click here for information on our services and how to book an appointment.

Where can I obtain an apostille from?

In Victoria, from APO, Level 2, 747 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008. In Tasmania, from 111 Macquarie Street, Hobart TAS 7000. Translations must never be apostillized, apostìlles are never to be translated.

Where can I obtain a translation in English or in Italian of documents drafted in other languages?

You can visit for a list of certified translators.

How can I obtain an Italian police clearance (certificato penale or certificato dei carichi pendenti)?

A Certificato Penale or a Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti ( Police Clearance) from the relevant Italian authorities can only be obtained from the Procura della Repubblica (Public Prosecutor’s Office) of the Court under whose jurisdiction the Italian town where the applicant resided falls, regardless of the applicant’s place of residence and current citizenship. All requests need to be submitted to the relevant Court either directly, by proxy or through the Procura’s website, where all applicable fees are specified. Applicants need to refer to the same Court to have said certificates apostillized, so they can be used in Australia.

Which is the best way to contact this Consulate?

The best way to contact us is through our online form.